Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sometimes I wonder what it is like to really fall in love. I can't say if I've actually ever truly had that feeling in my life yet. Sure I have been loved by family and church family. And sure I have loved friends. Maybe that is why the Bible describes different kinds of love. 


But to fall in love with one special person...to want to share the rest of my life with someone...to love them unselfishly and have grace and forgiveness and work together. To give of myself every day continuously and walk beside someone faithfully. To want to put them first and overlook myself. To feel so close to a person that I would do anything to spend time with them and be with them as often as possible. To know them inside and out and finish their thoughts and love their weaknesses as much as their strengths. This is a love that I can not fully fathom right now. A love that is so strong, I can only see a relationship with my Savior that can hold all those things. Sure I hope  to meet a man here on Earth someday and walk together side by side with him as partners in Christ. I know that I am not perfect, and he will not be either. But I do know that a love for someone here will only be found through a deeper love for my Heavenly Father. Only my Savior can refine my heart and shape it into an image that reflects His love for others. 


Sometimes I think that as Christians we get caught up in "feelings." Or the logical aspect of things. Or the rules, and and steps and words and obligations that come with being saved. But really - we should just strive to fall more in love with the one who created us each day. Then in His timing, He will provide a chance for us to love someone here. 


Here is a verse I read today - 
"And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love...neither our fears nor our worries about tomorrow...indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of our God that is revealed to us in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39
Many times God speaks to me through music and lyrics. I think Jason Gray says it best - 

More Like Falling In Love by Jason Gray [Christian Single Release 2009]
Give me rules
I will break them
Give me lines
I will cross them
I need more than a truth to believe
I need a truth that lives, moves, and breathes
To sweep me off my feet
It ought to be

More like falling in love
Than something to believe in
More like losing my heart
Than giving my allegiance
Caught up, called out
Come take a look at me now
It's like I'm falling, oh
It's like I'm falling in love

Give me words
I'll misuse them
Obligations
I'll misplace them
'Cause all religion ever made of me
Was just a sinner with a stone tied to my feet
It never set me free
It's gotta be

CHORUS

...It's like I'm falling in love, love, love
Deeper and deeper
It was love that made
Me a believer
In more than a name, a faith, a creed
Falling in love with Jesus brought the change in me




No comments:

Post a Comment