Sunday, October 17, 2010

Weekend Goodness...

This weekend I spent a lot of time relaxing...and just being at home.

I love time like that.

Saturday I chose not to go to a music teacher workshop in St. Louis (better on the budget anyway) and not to go to the birthday lunch of my "adopted family's" aunt (whom I also love spending time with, but we were also celebrating her birthday later in the evening, and I felt like it was a good decision to stay home.) So...I slept in (until 8:30, that is...which surprisingly feels like sleeping in, these days!), went to Curves to exercise (got my 3 times in for the week! Yeah!), cleaned my room, bathrooms, and kitchen, did laundry, and watched a movie. So...even though there were things to do, they were mostly at-home things, which was a nice change of pace.

Today I woke up, and I'll admit my attitude wasn't the best. I was in a hurry to make it to my 8:30 praise team practice, running out the door with breakfast in my hands, grumbling about the 40 minute commute to get there, wishing I could go to Sunday School instead of missing out because I sing in both services at church, and in general, just feeling down. At church I just had that "I'm feeling lonely, but I also don't feel like hanging out with people" feeling. The sermon was about worry (but more on that later!) After church, I usually eat lunch with friends or pack a lunch to save money and go to my classroom to work until evening small groups, saving an extra commute home and back. But today, I just didn't feel like it. Sometimes it feels lonely just going to the school and "working" by myself on Sunday afternoons...so I drove home. Still in a "self-pity" mood, I decided to rest, and for the first time in weeks, I took a Sunday afternoon nap! :) So, though the day started out kind of rough, this afternoon I curled up with my mom on the couch to watch t.v. after my nap, then ended the day at the park, taking pictures of the pretty leaves and feeding the ducks who were about to fly out for the night. (Hoping to share a picture or two soon!) It turned out to be such a peaceful time.

So, not to bore you with all the details of my weekend, but it was just such a blessing to stay here and do things...to slow down, rest, and feel better about being more prepared at home before starting a new week. I also confess I still love curling up by my mom and laying my head on her shoulder. Sometimes that's the best feeling in the world.

By the way, December seems so far away, and I'm getting more anxious to hear from the IMB about my application every day. I really really finished the final part this week, with my doctor's visit and blood count check, because you have to have medical clearance before they will invite you to the interview conference. So...once those results come back and I fax them in, it will just be a matter of time before the whole thing is completely processed. I know it is in God's hands, and I'm not worried, just...impatient!

Hoping you have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment