Sunday, October 10, 2010

Make Me a Mirror...

A little over a year ago I started my blog with this post. When trying to think of a name for my blog, God suddenly put the name "Make Me a Mirror" on my mind after reading this verse.

"So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord - who is the Spirit - makes us more and more like Him as we are changed into His glorious image." - 2 Corinthians 3:18

It is my greatest desire every day to be more like my Jesus. I can think of no one greater to mirror than the man who gave His life to save me from my sins. He came to Earth, a living man, testifying, teaching, and leading many people. He was tempted, but never fell into sin. He was the one and only Son of God, and the Savior of the world.

Today our pastor challenged us to seek areas in our lives where God is leading us to make changes. Not changes that WE can make...but changes that we must rely on HIM to make. We must SEEK those changes and ask God continually to help us as we make them. We must not say "I can't..." or "It's not worth it..." or "It will never happen..." because through HIM, ANYthing is possible!

I am praying not only that God will show me areas where I can be more like Him, but also HOW I am to make those changes. Like the pastor said, it may be painful, it may take time, it may be something we don't think is a problem, it may even be something that seems harmless, but when God lays it on our hearts, we are to be obedient in admitting it is a problem, seeking His help, COMPLETELY surrendering it to Him, and allowing Him to change and shape us even more into His image. It may be a day by day thing, or even a minute by minute thing. But it is my job to pray constantly, pleading to God for the strength and obedience to make the changes.

What a challenge...but what a comfort to know that my reflection will no longer simply be "me" but my Savior AND me looking back at the world together...

No comments:

Post a Comment