Sunday, June 14, 2009

Reflection...

There are different meanings of the word reflection. But I've been thinking lately about a mirror reflection. The one where you stand in front of that, sometimes dreaded, and probably overly honest piece of shiny glass...and see what is looking back at you.

Sometimes when I look in the mirror it's for a "dressy" occasion, and I think to myself, "Hey, I can do this, bring on the reflection...lookin' good!" haha (Ok, maybe not so much that exact dialogue, but you get the point...)

Then there are days when I have that "morning" reflection. You know. The one where the alarm has been going off for the past hour, the sleep button refuses to stop time, and pulling the covers back over your head, unfortunately, doesn't push the day ahead out of the way. Usually in this instance, my eyes are fogged over, which can be very helpful in NOT to see the things I don't want to...the baggy eyes, messy hair, etc. Well, you get the idea.

I love to watch little children who have just discovered the mirror. They play endlessly in front of the glass, running back and forth to see if what appeared the first time has disappeared. They are full of curiosity and precious giggles and just can't get enough of seeing their reflection again and again. They haven't hit the dreaded "mirror complex" yet.

Anyway, I guess my point is...some days I like what I see, and other days I'd rather just bypass the mirror and face the day without knowing. What you don't know can't hurt you, right? ha
But ultimately it's not about what I see in the mirror. It's about what I'm reflecting to the world.
When they look at me, am I full of the light and joy that I see in the amazing God? Am I reflecting the woman He has created me to be?

Here is a verse that really started me thinking and inspired the name for my blog. I'm sure the posts won't always be serious and hopefully not tooooooo long. But I hope they will reflect the me that God wants me to be!

"And all of us have had that veil removed so that we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord. And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like him and reflect his glory even more." 2 Corinthians 3:18 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment