Saturday, June 20, 2009

So...serious post kind of day...

I was looking back at some old blogs from Xanga today and came across this one. It's fun to think about how I am now on the "mission field" I was wondering and writing about then. God has put me at a time and place with, I think, one of the most unique outreach opportunities I could ask for. I have the privilege to serve those who are serving our country every day, by teaching their children. And I love it. -

Saturday, 19 January 2008
Three days on the Block...ten to go. (For non-OBU people, that is 2.5 weeks of education classes from 8-5, all day, every day, that all the interns take together on campus before they send us out to teach...)I feel like I have learned so much. And I have SO much more to learn. Mostly I feel like no matter what I learn here, I won't truly learn anything until I have the opportunity to experience it with those students. I'm excited...and terrified.
I've been thinking about how blessed I feel to be here. Here at OBU I mean, and yes...on the Block. Because it's not really education training. It's mission training. And as we were told this week, whether we signed up for it or not, we are about to go serve on a mission field that is bigger than we could ever imagine, and closer than any other we might find. And that excites me. That keeps me getting up and going every day from 8-5 and coming home and reading and doing projects and soaking in as much as I can. Then I wonder where I will be when it all finishes. Where will my next mission field be? I want to plan that so badly, but it's not in my hands to plan, because any plan I make could not compare to the one He has for me. I just heard precious children singing these words on the radio...
"Here am I send me, 'til every nation knows the power of your heart. Give me a hunger, to know where it is you want me to go. Father I'm saying, "Here am I, send me.'"

"We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.We may throw the dice, but the Lord determines how they fall." -Proverbs 16: 9, 33
"But I am trusting you, O Lord, saying, 'You are my God! My future is in your hands..." -Psalm 31: 14-15


So, in response to this old post...I am serving, and I am on a mission field. Every day. My heart may long for a field that is overseas, but I have learned that God knows our desires. He gave them to me, and He has promised to fulfill them, in His time. And I am to trust that where I am now, is also in His will. Lord, help me to seek your plans daily, living in the center of where you want me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment