Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Should Be Nervous...

But for some reason I'm really not. I feel relaxed. Organized. And ready for the new school year. Sure there are still a few things to finish tomorrow and some lesson plans to work on, but I almost feel nervous about not feeling nervous, if that makes sense.

Most of all, God continues to remind me that He gave me this position. He allowed me to learn complete trust in Him in the Spring when I was unsure what I would be doing this year. Then, when I got the job teaching guitar and elementary, it was definitely not what I had planned. But what are my plans compared to His anyway? I prayed. I questioned what in the world He had in store, but felt a peace and willingness to do what was in store if that was what He wanted. Maybe He wanted me to rely fully on Him to learn a new skill and work with an age group that makes me uncomfortable.

Or maybe He just wanted me to trust. To show Him that I was willing to follow Him where ever He led. To step outside my comfort zone.

So, I can't help but have a confidence and an assurance that only comes from God as I prepare for the new school year. I know it will be challenging at times, but I feel so content in the fact that He took my situation, taught me to wait, gave me peace, "threw me for a loop," and put me just where He knew I would fit in.

God is good. All the time. I pray that I will continue to rely on Him each and every day for this exciting journey of a year...even when things seem "normal."

"When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers - the moon and the stars you set in place - what are people that you should think about them, mere mortals that you should care for them? Yet you made them only a little lower than God and crowned them with glory and honor. O Lord, your majestic name fills the earth!" -Psalm 8:3-5, 9

No comments:

Post a Comment