Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Trust

What does it mean to trust?

To me it means I am fully confident that no matter what is in store for me - I have a God who was, who is, and who will always be with me. He goes before me and lays the path for me to walk.

It means that instead of praying for circumstances to change, I pray for God to change me and shape me into who He wants me to be in these circumstances, asking Him what I can learn from how He is working. Even when I fail Him, He picks me up and provides grace to start anew. Even when I am unsure of myself...He provides assurance.

"Be confident in this, that He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it until the day of Christ Jesus." -Philippians 1:6

It means asking Him purposely to take me out of my comfort zone and to use me. To really use me. And to know that He is going to equip me and make me qualified for whatever He puts in my path. Even when it's not easy.

It also means knowing that He gives me desires and to pray unselfishly that my desires align with the desires and plans God has for my life, and if they don't...that I would put them aside and seek Him wholeheartedly. 


"Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust Him, and He will do this." -Psalm 37:4-5


Trusting, to me, means I don't ask God to close a million doors and leave one wide open so I know where to go, when to go, and how to get there. It means I ask for wisdom every day to see all the doors and the opportunities God puts before me, and to make choices that glorify Him.  I don't know what He has in store for me, and sometimes don't know how to pray for it, but He knows. He intercedes. And He provides wisdom, guidance, and peace. 


"Since this is your heart's desire...therefore wisdom and knowledge will be given to you." - 2 Chronicles 1:11-12


"Oh the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!...For from Him, and through Him, and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever, Amen!" -Romans 11:33, 36


Sometimes, it's hard to trust. Ok, almost always, it's hard to trust. But it is so exciting and challenging to know I have a God who I can trust. I long to draw nearer to Him every day.


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment