Saturday, October 1, 2011

Hope - True and Amazing Hope...

"My hope is in you Lord, all the day long. I won't be shaken by drought or storm."

This song has been in my head so much over the past few weeks. It's funny that it seems to be the last song I'm singing before I go to bed at night, and somehow the first song in my mind as I wake up. It even came on the radio first thing when I turned it on this morning as I was getting out of bed.

The peace that passes understanding is my song, and I'll sing - my hope is in you, Lord...in you.

Isn't it amazing that God promises peace that passes ALL understanding? I think the best part about that is I don't have to understand. I'm not supposed to. God is so big, mysterious, and all-powerful...that the peace he provides passes all understanding.

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:6-7

It is so hard sometimes to stop and pray. And it is so hard sometimes when I feel frustrated or sad or joyful or anxious or any other emotion - to know that God already knows that and understands it. I can look at all He has done and thank Him - that part is easy for me. But to truly trust Him to bring peace beyond ANY understanding...that can be difficult. That means letting go and handing over the reigns and taking a risk. But oh what hope comes from doing this! Oh the guard I long to have on my heart and mind as I wait on God, His perfect timing, His will for me, and the purpose I am serving.

"I wait for you, and my soul finds rest. In my selfishness, you show me grace."
"I will wait on you. You are my refuge..."

The first few times I heard this song, I was taken aback by the words about peace being my song, and I thought - how perfect. I long for this to be my song. I long to trust in His hope and to be filled with His peace. But today, another line caught my attention. I will wait...and...You are my refuge. How powerful. Waiting is HARD. Waiting is not always certain. Waiting takes patience and trust. But these words say God is my REFUGE as I wait. Wow. Those are some powerful words.

So...I challenge you to find true hope. I pray you will experience God's peace that is beyond comprehension and that instead of trying to understand, you will simply rest in His peace and hope.
Here is the song that has been my encouragement the past few weeks...I hope you enjoy it too and the words sink deep into your heartt! I hadn't seen the actual video before today...and even though it is a sad one - it shows such promise and need for hope in Christ despite any circumstances here. Sometimes we have to choose to rejoice and seek hope. God is always there waiting for our call to Him!  



No comments:

Post a Comment