Sunday, February 6, 2011

Back to School...

Back to school tomorrow after four snow days! While that is a long time for most people, I have actually been gone even LONGER....because I had a meeting Monday, and a conference the Wed-Fri before Monday and the snow days....and I haven't even mentioned the first three weeks of January when I was gone two days each week for sick days and more snow days...so boy am I ever ready to see my kids again and get back to teaching/having a schedule! I'm even ready to teach a FULL week. Here's hoping the weather holds out this time, and I stay well! :) My hope for the rest of the semester is to be the best teacher I can be and to be confident again in my planning. To be enthusiastic, and to help my students be enthusiastic and enjoy music more too. I want them each to go away with something, even if they don't feel "gifted" or "excited" about music - my goal is for them to have made some kind of connection before they leave whether it be singing, playing a game, exploring an instrument, or just interacting with their classmates in a way that is "out of the ordinary" from their regular classroom setting. It feels so crazy with time flying by - I keep thinking of more and more things I want to do this semester, because....it could be my last one teaching for awhile! Still waiting for my conference in a few weeks. I feel so excited for that new opportunity, yet a little sad to leave teaching, even though it has been so challenging this year. I know God has plans in store though, and thankfully they are bigger and better than any I could make on my own! I have a feeling this isn't a forever goodbye to teaching!

I can't believe I didn't write a single post over all the snow days. I have a lot to write about, but...sometimes it's just a challenge to put into words that make sense. For now I better get some rest....5:00 is going to come EARLY after all these days off!

Here are a few pictures of the snowman I built today after shoveling for awhile...It is the first one I ever remember building, although I probably did build one as a child. I know he's a little short, but....don't judge! haha I also had to use some creative items for his face...and the mouth wouldn't quite stick on, hence the toothpick picture!

Working on the face...chocolate cookie eyes


A baby carrot nose...

And a mouth made of raisins...which wouldn't stick, so I tried a toothpick, but it wouldn't go all the way through - and now my snowman looks a little like an Ozark hillbilly, but...oh well! 

Finished! But...a little plain and dull...

So I had to add some color, of course! I think it is a snow girl now...haha


Still trying to get those raisins to stick...


Hey - not too bad, huh?!

I'm sorry, but I have to say it...That snowman's got a lotta "junk in his trunk!" or something like that! That bottom part is a little...broad and out of proportion! lol 

All the ingredients for a perfect snowman...minus a couple chocolate cookies whose extras might have been eaten after all that hard work, but I'll never tell! :) 

Happy new week, everyone! I hope it is joyful, blessed, and fun! I also hope you will give each day to our awesome Creator...and seek the plans HE desires for you each day! Oh, and remember to thank him for not giving us raisin mouths when he created us! :) 


1 comment:

  1. LOVE your snowman!!! The last one I built was destroyed by the man I ended up marrying!

    ReplyDelete