Friday, June 10, 2011

I'm So Vain...You Probably Think This Post is About Me...

Sorry for the corny title - I did something kind of vain today.

Well...I wasn't just trying to be vain. It was actually something kind of fun and just for myself, but I felt a little vain about it, especially when I handed the lady my debit card and paid for it. I got a spray tan. Yes, I paid to turn myself a different color...lol...

I do not tan on my own. I burn, peal, and repeat. lol So I decided to be brave and give it a try.

This weekend a best friend from high school is getting married, and I am the maid of honor. And my dress is dark purple...and strapless....and short. And I am white. Very white. And who wants to be the only thing whiter than the bride's dress blinding people from the altar? lol

It wasn't so bad...I'm still waiting to see the final results. And my biggest fear hasn't come true...yet. No orange Ooompa Loompa nightmares.

It was one of those times my dad would use his phrase, "It's just not necessary..." but I had fun. And tomorrow I'm going to a day spa with the other wedding party girls where we will be pampered even more with manicures and pedicures...I could get used to this life...good thing it's too expensive to get used to! lol

We'll see how the tan turns out. For now, at least the bride won't have to enter to the song "Blinded by the White..." I mean, uh..."Light" hahaha Maybe I'll post a picture soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment