Sunday, January 16, 2011

News...

I haven't had a lot of time or motivation to write recently...I'm working on that! But - I do want to share some exciting news. After ten months, I finally received my e-mail invitation this week.........to the interview conference for the Journeyman program! If you've been reading my blog over the past year, you might remember this post where I first shared that my heart had begun thinking again about starting the application process. And...a few days after that post, I did begin the application! Step by step, I worked (with God's help!) to finish each step and all the details involved with each - an extensive health questionnaire, a statement of my beliefs on many specific things, my testimony and calling to serve, and my auto-biography answering very specific questions about my entire life (8 pages long when I finished!). I finished all of these things at the end of July, and it has been a long and hard time waiting to hear the results. But, God has finally allowed me the opportunity to further pursue this desire He placed in my heart! I don't know many details yet, but I will attend a conference Feb. 23-26 where they will fly me to their campus to spend time with other applicants and a leader who already "knows" me from my application materials. I'll interview, spend time in a small group, further prepare my heart to go, and leave knowing for sure if I'll be going and more than likely where in the world it will be! I can't tell you how excited my heart is about this! Thank you for all your prayers and encouragement whether it was while I was waiting to hear, while I was working on the application, or in the past few years as God has placed this desire in my heart and allowed it grow even bigger!

Please continue to pray for me as I wait the five weeks to the conference, and as I seek to have an open heart about where God is leading me. Also pray that I will not be discouraged or doubtful but that I will be completely ready when God sends me, physically, emotionally, and most importantly, spiritually. I can't believe it has been ten months since I started this process, that I actually finished (glory goes to God!), and He has allowed me to be one of the selected applicants for the interview!

I'll keep you updated as I know more! :)


2 comments:

  1. AHHHHH!!! I was hoping this was the "news..."!! So exciting! Please update us ASAP...I can't wait to hear!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a blog, too!! This is quite exciting. :0) I'm always happy to find real-life friends with blogs.

    ReplyDelete