Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I did something fun today to celebrate Spring and meeting my first Weight Watchers goal of 5% (10lbs...wooo-hoooo!!) - I went with a friend to get a pedicure! (This is only the second real pedicure I've ever had, and the first one at a salon where you get to sit and relax!) So...I spent an hour doing nothing - laying back in the massage chair, feet soaking, sipping Diet Coke, and forgetting about the world for awhile. I think I could get used to this!

So anyway...I'm sure these are verses you may have heard before, and I'm sure if they're always meant to be translated literally, but...

Romans 10:14-15  14How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?15And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Isaiah 52:7 How Beautiful are the Feet of those who bring good news, proclaim peace, bring glad tidings of good things, proclaim salvation, and proclaim to Zion, "Your God reigns!"


Here is a song from our church service tonight...I love the words so much!


You Are

You are holy, you are faithful.
You are Savior, you are friend.

You are all I’ll ever need, Lord, you are.
You are ev’ry questions’ answer, 

You are ev’ry reason why,
You are moving, you are still, Lord, you are.

You are the Lord on high,
You are the way, the truth, the life.
You are the Word made flesh,
You are the bright Morning Star; you are.

You are Glory Hallelujah.

You are hope of peace on earth.
You are Alpha and Omega, you are.
You are comfort, you are refuge.
You are love personified.
You are kindness and compassion,
you are. 



You are my God and my King.
You are the words that I sing.
You are the reason I make this offering. 


No comments:

Post a Comment