Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Catching Up...

Today was the most wonderful Tuesday morning I could have asked for!

This morning I had the opportunity to catch up with some WONDERFUL friends from Arkansas. Bruce and Whanda Swihart. Mr. Bruce served as the interim pastor for one year at my church during college, and his wife Ms. Whanda, taught the Sunday School class for international students that I attended at the time.

What a blessing they were to me. Both then, and now. We have only been able to keep in touch once in awhile through mail/e-mail over the past few years, but it has been good to at least have that contact. The fact that they were traveling through my town today, and I happened to contact them last week was God's timing!

We talked all about what God has been teaching me lately - waiting, trusting, seeking, having faith, exploring what I believe and why as I apply for JM, timing, and so many other things. They told me how their family is doing, and shared lessons they had learned in all of these areas as they have grown in the Lord and walked with Him throughout their life. We talked about a mutual friend, and how God had really been present in that friendship as well. It was just an encouragement and a blessing to be with them, to get the biggest hug from Ms. Whanda, and to rejoice in the Lord's work and challenges. I am so thankful for that! I meant to get a picture together, but oh well! I hope to visit their church sometime this summer when I am in Arkansas.

It is nice to just...be home today. I finished packing my classroom yesterday, and had to take a minute when it was finished, and I was officially "checked out" after turning in my keys to just stand in the doorway and take it all in. It makes me sad to think about no one learning in our beautiful building and my classroom next year. I know they will be learning in other places, but it is still hard to imagine. I thought about how I won't have my own "space" next year to teach, but will be sharing, and moving around. God is really going to take me out of my comfort zone again. But - then what better way to call me to rely fully on Him?...

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to give you hope and a future. Plans to prosper and not to harm you. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with ALL your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

I used to hear this verse (and still do) all the time, and think it was a wonderful word, but also that it was so cliche and overused. But while it is often quoted, I really DO know that it is a truth and a promise God has given to each of us. And when we create the hopes we have in HIM, He will be faithful to use us and carry out HIS plans...

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment