Monday, May 24, 2010

I've gotten to spend time with family this weekend. My cousin graduated from high school, and we're so proud of and excited for her! Friday night was the commencement, and yesterday was her party for family and friends. I am so blessed to have a wonderful Christian family. My grandparents are a big part of this blessing.


I could talk to them all day. They both have so many stories, lessons, and advice to share. They have been married over 50 years...actually closer to 60 now! They love the Lord with all their hearts. They care about their family and don't worry about big and fancy "things." They work hard and serve others. They are giving and caring. And I love them very, very much! I'm glad I can introduce you to some of my favorite people in the world! I have actually been blessed to have two sets of grandparents who have blessed me and encouraged me in these ways, and who have all played a role in my strong Christian heritage. One set is celebrating with our Lord now. I am so thankful for grandparents!

My favorite part of today was talking with Granny about "boys." She told me the story of how she and Grandad met, how she knew she was going to marry him when she first heard his name, even before she met him, how he "dumped" her after awhile of "going together"...lol...and how he came back a year or so later after she "went with" some other boys for awhile, and he didn't think she should be seeing them. lol So - God can bring people into our lives, take them away for a bit, and still make them a part of His plans later. Thanks, Granny! :) 

It's officially my "Birthday Week..." now! I'm really going to try to find something fun for every day. A pedicure is definitely in store for one of the days, and a visit with some wonderful friends from Arkansas who are passing through Missouri is also a part of the week...I'll let you know what kind of fun (and mischief!) I find to get into! haha

Happy Monday! (And my first Monday of no school!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment