Sunday, February 5, 2012

Caught in the Whirlwind...

I haven't gotten lost. I'm still here, and as usual when I disappear for awhile, I'm still enjoying reading everyone else's blogs...but somehow can't find the time/motivation to catch up on my own. I have so many ideas floating in my mind and things to write about and remember, but I'll get caught up one day!

For now - I'm in the middle of a whirlwind of the new semester of teaching music, taking two graduate classes at the same time (with lots more reading, posting, and homework required than my first course last semester), and dealing with the challenge of being far away from family in a hard time. My dad had his open-heart surgery, by the way, and it went as well as possible. He is still in the hospital, but he is doing well...just a long road of recovery ahead. I was so humbled and thankful for all the prayers going out for our family, all around the world! God is good all the time!

And, I would like to share about an awesome thing God did recently (that He has been working through this entire year), but I can't really post about it publicly right now. All I can say is that I always seem to doubt God's bigness...and say that I "believe" he can do something...but still not quite all the way believe it. And now - He is showing me just how big He is. (DUH, right? You'd think I'd learn by now...*sigh*) I am thankful for the way He is using me in this situation and pray I will stand strong as an encouragement and example in my faith.

Have a blessed and joyful week!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear your dad is on his way back to normal! Also, can't wait to hear the story!!

    ReplyDelete