Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I have some things to post about floating around in my mind...but have not had the time to write much in the past week! This week is no different - I'm still at my Orff-Schulwerk training until Friday, and then it will be finished. Composing melodies in Ionian mode with melodic ostinati and single moving drones beneath them and playing alto recorder have taken over my life for now. If that last sentence was way over your head, you are not alone and only slightly behind me in understanding! But - I am learning lots, and it is great to be with friends from last year's training again, and I know the last four days of class will fly by, and the assignments will be finished eventually.

Until then, here are some lyrics that have been going through my mind...

"I am not skilled to understand, what God has willed, what God has planned. I only know at His right hand, stands One who is my Savior." -Aaron Shust

(I've been playing this c.d. over and over and over lately...the words of all the songs just speak to my heart so much!)

Have a blessed and joyful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment