Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I Just...Know?

Have you ever felt so strongly about something, you just know it is going to happen one day? Or how about feeling that way, but then doubting it because you don't want to be wrong?

Well...I guess I could spend all my time worrying whether I am right or not. Or I could just put it into God's hands where it already is anyway and rest in the fact that if it doesn't happen, He has better plans than I could ever come up with on my own.

And meanwhile, maybe I just need to realize that if I feel like I know, maybe God is the one who has led me to feel that way, and I just have to wait on His timing, which makes more sense than mine.

This is probably a little confusing and vague, but it is hard to explain what goes back and forth in my mind sometimes with words, and I can't really explain the situation either. It really comes down to this...God knows. And sometimes we just don't. And we don't have to, or need to...until He reveals the right timing.

Lord help me to wait. Patiently. Not to doubt, and not to worry, but instead to trust in your plans which are far better than the ones I make up in my mind!

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future..." Jeremiah 29:11

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

No comments:

Post a Comment