Saturday, September 18, 2010

Standing In Awe...

I think my eyes and mind are often closed to the truth of just what a sacrifice Christ really made when He died on the cross for my sins. 

I can believe it. I can say it. I can think it. But do I really embrace the full story? The meaning? The fact that it wasn't a pleasant event. He DIED. God gave His Son. Jesus humbled himself...to death - ON A CROSS. 

For me. For you. For every single person to the ends of this earth. And when I think about the many millions of people who don't yet have the chance to know or grasp that truth, my urge to go and share only grows deeper. He loved us...even to the point of giving up His life to save us from sin. 

But how can I share the truth if I haven't grasped it myself? I pray for open eyes. I pray for a heart that not only hears, believes, and says the truth, but fully accepts the love our Heavenly Father put forth that day. I pray for a life that LIVES that truth every day. I long to be humbled every time I think of my Savior and His amazing grace.

I am singing this song in worship this Sunday with the praise team. When I watched this video I was awestruck. I felt captured by the reality that Jesus really did humble Himself to death on a cross. I had to turn my eyes away, and I was moved to tears. And I wondered...why shouldn't I be moved every time I think about his captivating love for us? It is hard to watch, but so very real and true...and sometimes I need to be reminded that His sacrifice wasn't "pretty" and the sins He died for are covered and forgiven by His blood. 

Here is a video of the song, "Jesus Died My Soul to Save"


"Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus, Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient to death - even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus, every knee should bow, in Heaven and on Earth and under the Earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of the Father." -Philippians 2:5-11

No comments:

Post a Comment