Friday, December 24, 2010

Waiting...

Yesterday God gave me a sweet reminder of how He cares about what is going on with me...all the time. Of course He does, but it was one of those moments where I truly stopped in my path, realized that, and took time to thank Him.

A woman on the radio was giving a short recorded Christmas message - not really a commercial, but the kind where someone wishes a Merry Christmas and blessings to you from their family. But this wasn't a typical Christmas message. It was specifically about waiting. She spoke about how God had reminded her heart this year of times of waiting in Jesus' life. He was born an infant, like we all were, but God had such amazing plans for Him. Jesus had to live each day, and wait over thirty years for the ultimate plan of God to be fulfilled. She reminded listeners about the many verses that mention waiting in the Bible, and how those of us who wait on the Lord are blessed as we wait and seek Him. She ended by saying she wanted to wish Christmas blessings to everyone, but especially to those who are waiting on something or someone this Christmas.

I think this reminder came after I checked the mail box. And didn't receive my letter from the IMB...again. It reminded me that, though I'm still waiting to see what God has in store for me - whether it be staying here again, or going overseas...He knows. And He wants me to rest in Him as I wait. And all the time.

This verse has been brought to my heart repeatedly this year...
"But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." -Isaiah 40:31

Thank you Lord, for the little reminders, when you speak specifically to my heart in unexpected ways.



No comments:

Post a Comment