Friday, December 31, 2010

But really...

Since this is post 110, and it is my final post for the year 2010, I feel like I should have something important to say. Or wise. Hmmm, well I can't guarantee "wise" or "important" but here's something...

I guess if I could sum up my 2010 in one word, it would be "waiting." God has continuously taught me about His presence, the importance and joy of trusting Him fully, and His faithful provision and timing...while I've waited. Waiting is something we do every day, for mail, a t.v. show, at a stoplight, in a grocery line, on hold on the telephone...well, you get the picture. But I have learned about waiting on the Lord...about truly resting in His arms as He takes the lead and guides me in His will. I've waited on small things I mentioned before, and I've waited on big and obvious things like my new job assignment, the various parts of the JM application process, responses from friends, and other things. Each time God has shown Himself strong and faithful, even when I have drawn away. And each time, He has gently pulled me closer to Him, reminding me He is always there. So...though I don't know what 2011 will bring, I do have confidence in the fact that God is already there - He knew and planned each of my days, even before I was here.

I pray you will trust Him and seek Him fully as 2010 fades and 2011 begins. Happy New Year, and may God bless you!

"You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand! You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." -Psalm 139

"But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." -Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment