Monday, March 5, 2012

Just for Me Monday...

I am thankful for a job where I have enough leave time to cover sickness, appointments, etc. But one of the things I find myself most thankful for every year are our three "personal business" days. If we don't use them, they just roll into sick leave for the next year, so it's not like we lose them...but I always think, at least at this point in my life where I don't have a family of my own and the possibility of needing sick days to help care for others, I should use them for me. Sometimes you just need some "me" time.

So today, I did just that!

I had no agenda. I thought it might be nice to catch up on some things for my grad classes and finish my lesson plans for the week, but I also agreed with myself that if I didn't complete all of those things today, I would be ok with that because, after all, it is a "me" day. And that means relaxing. And not having unrealistic expectations. And enjoying doing things that I would not normally do on a school day.

How did I use my first "me" day of the year?

I slept in.
I read my Bible and talked to God.
I made coffee, and a for real breakfast - omelette with cheese and green peppers!
I called my mom in Germany and talked to her for almost an hour.
I sent a long e-mail to my Granny and received one back. Oh how I love talking with her - in person especially, but in writing when we can't be together!
I drove to a nearby town to get a haircut, browse in a clothing store (where I used self-control and realized I didn't really need anything right now, anyway, but it was just nice to have time to look...lol)
And....of course I went to Panera, where I am sitting and enjoying my "Pick 2 Lunch" some music, a Diet Pepsi, and some time to blog and read others' blogs.

Here's a picture of the (not so) new haircut...(I'm pretty boring, and I get the same thing every time, but I like it that my hair stylist knows just how I like it, and it always feels so good to get that extra length/soon-to-be mullet taken off! haha)


Today I'm thankful for good friends, time for fun, new experiences, and a "me" day! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment