Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday...

God blessed my heart through the talents and joy of children in many ways today. First as I got to see our Team Kid group lead worship with their musical this morning, and later this afternoon as I visited the district art show and got to see the artwork of students from our building and many others across our district.

I say that I got to "see our Team Kid group lead worship..." but really what I should say is, I worshiped with the Team Kid group as they led! Wow - how humbling to see a group of children in grades K-5 lead our congregation through the musical, "Hallelujah! What a Savior!" To see the joy on their faces, to sing along with them, to hear them boldly proclaim Scripture and truth about God's perfect love demonstrated to us through His Son Jesus Christ. God spoke to my heart about how important it is to pray for the children and youth in our world today - here and around the globe. They are the future, and we are helping to shape them each day. Wow...what a responsibility God has put into our hands...especially as Christians. I love the faith of children that is sometimes so simple, yet so honest...and so trusting. Thank you, Team Kid, for being an example to me today.

To all the children and teenagers in our school district who had artwork on display today - I know none of you will read this - but I am thankful for the work you do each day at school...and for sharing your talent and work with all of us who had the privilege of seeing it today, and will see it as it is on display this month.

I am so thankful God has given me the opportunity to be a part of the lives of children each day! What a privilege, joy, and responsibility! I look forward to one day having my own children to raise in addition to the many children I teach and learn from each day at work!

"Children are a gift from the Lord. They are a reward from Him." -Psalm 127:3


No comments:

Post a Comment